College football season is officially under way, which means lots of tailgating/football party recipes to come! There is a running joke that LSU fans smell like corn dogs and a few years ago, I decided to embrace the jokes and corndogs because honestly I really do love corn dogs. Here is a quick and healthier recipe you can make for a corn dog lover/LSU fan or just for any football gathering.
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 4 hot dogs
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan well with Pam. Mix corn muffin mix with honey, milk, and egg until smooth. Allow to sit for a few minutes.
2) Meanwhile, cut each hot dog into 5 pieces.
3) Add 1/2 Tbsp of muffin mix to each mini muffin well. Top with a piece of hot dog, pressing it in. Then add 1 tsp of muffin mix on top to cover hot dog.
4) Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to platter. Run fork around edge of each muffin to make it easier to remove in 1 piece.
5) Serve with ketchup & mustard and enjoy!