The last few weeks before I moved, I really tried to be creative with things that were already in my pantry/refrigerator and avoided going to the grocery store – except for fresh produce and milk. Well, this is one of those recipes that I put together one night that turned out delicious and only took about 20 minutes! My recipe isn’t exact because I just put a bunch of ingredients together and made it for just 1 person, but you can adjust this to your tastes and create as many servings as you need.
- Quick Grits
- Baby Spinach
- Pimento Cheese
- Cajun Smoked Sausage (Conecuh)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Dice sausage and brown in pan. Once browned, remove sausage from pan and put on paper towels to soak up grease.
2. In the same pan, add baby spinach and cook until wilted.
(I love when vegetables cook down so much.)
3. Meanwhile, cook grits according to package instructions. When almost finished cooking, add in about 1 T pimento cheese/serving of grits (or adjust to taste) and season with salt & pepper.
4. To serve: top plate with pimento cheese grits, spinach, and then sausage.
A quick and delicious dinner to put together for yourself or for company. Enjoy!