Sorry I am a day late this post, but between getting ready to move and starting a new job, time is flying by!
My foodie pen pal this month was Denise and she was so very sweet and sounded excited in all her emails! I loved the package I received from her!
- Larabars – my favorite snack bars and she included my favorite flavor – peanut butter! I finished all of these bars within a week.
- Jalapeno Cheese crackers – these are so cute and are in shape of Texas! Those of you that know me, know that I love any type of Jalapeno flavor
- Strawberry Jalapeno Jam – can’t wait to try this out. I’m thinking it will be great on a turkey sandwich or even with some cream cheese as a dip!
- Brisket Rub – can’t wait to try this out for a recipe in the slow cooker
- Meyer’s Barbecue Sauce – I have some whole wheat pizza dough in the fridge – barbecue chicken pizza, anyone??
Also, she sent me a sweet card, a recipe for Jalapeno popper dip (can’t wait to try this), an apron, and a beautiful quilted towel.
Thank you so much, Denise! I have enjoyed digging in to all of the treats!
So are you wondering what the Foodie Pen Pal program is?
On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for August, please CLICK HEREto fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by August 4th as pairings will be emailed on August 5th!