This is a great dessert to bring to a backyard BBQ or a summer potluck…or even for the holidays! Another idea from pinterest and I used honey instead of the typical corn syrup you see in pecan pie recipes. Super easy to make so try it out soon!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped pecans
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13 pan with foil. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Crust: Cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add in the flour and salt. Mix until crumbly.
3) Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
4) Topping: Meanwhile make the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan and stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
5) Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface.
6) Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove the pan and allow the bars to fully cool in the pan.
7) Slice and enjoy!
2 thoughts related to the butter in this recipe: 1) I’d recommend to only make this for a potluck or a party, not just for a dessert to have around the home. Eat a square or 2 and share the rest! 2) EVERYTHING in moderation!