I finally decided to break out my ice cream maker and I am so glad that I did. This recipe screams summer, beach , etc. It is refreshing, sweet, and light – the perfect hot summer night treat.
Feel free to substitute the mango with any other fruit you may have on hand – blueberries and peaches would be delicious as well.
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 can fat free condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
(Make sure the ice cream maker freezer bowl has been frozen on an even surface for time recommended by manufacturer)
1. Whisk the first three ingredients in a medium bowl to combine. Stir well. Remove freezer bowl from the freezer and with the ice cream maker turned on, pour mixture into the freezer bowl.
2. Churn for 10 minutes and then add the diced mango and the coconut. Churn for another 10 minutes or until the ice cream is soft serve consistency.
(watch closely because the contents may start to overflow)
3. Pour and scrape contents into a freezer safe 1 1/2 quart container with lid. Freeze for 3 hours, or until your desired consistency. When ready to serve, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 5 or so minutes to make it easier to scoop.
The perfect treat – enjoy! Look forward to more ice cream recipes coming your way!