Put this together last night with things I had in my fridge – turned out to be a keeper. An easy, guilt-free way to enjoy “pizza”. You can make adjustments to this recipe with things in your fridge and your preferences – experiment with the sauce, the “toppings”, and the type of cheese. This takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish and could be an easy way to get your kids to eat veggies.
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Place the mushrooms on a greased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
3) Spread 1/2 Tablespoon of pesto into the cup of each mushroom cap.
4) Top with 8 turkey pepperoni slices each and then sprinkle with mozzarella.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
A yummy piece of the pie – enjoy!