Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with these healthy and delicious Mexican Pizzas!
- Corn tortillas (or you can use flour or whole wheat)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- Pepper, to taste
- Mexican Blend Cheese
- Pico De Gallo (or combination of chopped tomato, onion, peppers, jalapeno)
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt/Sour cream (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake tortillas for 10 minutes until crisp (flip the tortillas after about 5 minutes of baking). You can spray some Pam on these if you’d like.
2) Meanwhile, add 1 can refried beans and 1/4 cup water to pot over low-medium heat. Mix well.
3) Add chopped onion, taco seasoning, and pepper. Combine well. After heated through, turn off the stove.
4) Spread a couple heaping tablespoons of beans over a tortilla. Top with salsa.
5) Place a second tortilla on top. Spread with salsa, pico de gallo, and top with cheese.
6) Bake for about 12 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.
7) Top with yogurt/sour cream, black olives, more salsa, hot sauce, or whatever else you’d like!
I actually thought these tasted better as leftover the next day because all the flavors soaked into the tortillas, but it definitely wasn’t as crispy the next day. These are a healthier and fresher substitute for the infamous Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. You can definitely add some ground beef/turkey that has been cooked with taco/enchilada sauce after the refried bean layer – would add an extra punch of protein. Enjoy!