Try this recipe out the next time you are in the mood for some hearty Mexican! Easy to throw together and a people pleaser!
Originally from Plain Chicken
- 6 flour tortillas, soft taco size
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used half of a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.
2) Roll up in tortillas and place in pan seam side down.
3) In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Allow sauce to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
4) Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with jalapenos and remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes and then broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
Serve with salsa and a tossed salad – enjoy!