Brussels sprouts are one of those foods that always get a bad rap. I used to think they were gross but never tried them, just assumed. Honestly, after trying them, brussels sprouts are probably one of my favorite vegetables. They taste a little like cabbage to me, but really are delicious, especially when they are roasted. I could eat an entire pound of these in one sitting!
Don’t knock brussels sprouts until you try this recipe!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil (enough to coat all the sprouts)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Cut off the ends of the sprouts and then cut the remaining part in half. Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper until well coated.
3) Place on baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes, until brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. About halfway through the roasting process, I took the pan out and moved the sprouts around with a wooden spoon to ensure that all the sprouts would cook evenly.
4) Once the sprouts are done, squeeze lemon juice on top and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Served with Chicken Piccata. Enjoy!