I’ve talked on the blog before about the new flavors of Cheerios that are out and how much I love them for a sweet treat. Have any of you tried the Dulce de Leche or Peanut Butter flavors? Well, this recipe is an excuse for you to! I bought the peanut butter kind recently and then saw this recipe and knew that I had to try it out because 1) it’s dangerous to have an entire box of delicious Peanut Butter Cheerios in my apartment so I needed to use them to make something I could give away and 2) I was intrigued by the thought of Cheerios in a cookie. Turns out that the Cheerios added a great subtle peanut butter flavor as well as a nice crunch. This is a great base cookie recipe and you could definitely use the different flavors of Cheerios to experiment – Chocolate Cheerios and Peanut Butter Chips?
Originally from Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Multigrain Peanut Butter Cheerios
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with Silpats (silicone baking sheets) or just parchment paper.
2) Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside
3) Add butter to mixer (or use hand mixer) and beat for about 30 seconds. Then, add both brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4) Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well.
5) Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until blended.
6) Stir in the Peanut Butter Cheerios and mini chocolate chips.
7) Using a tablespoon, drop dough on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden.
8) Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 2 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Try this out soon – you won’t be disappointed!