Our dear friend, Camille, made this sweet treat for a cookie exchange a few years ago and took home the grand prize award of “best cookie”. I have made them several times since then and have shared the recipe with my friends and family – who have loved it as well! You may wonder where the name came from? Well that’s what Camille called them and the name has stuck since. Great recipe for tailgates, parties, football watching, etc etc
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 sticks salted butter (I only had unsalted around this time)
- Honey graham crackers
- 12 oz chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2) Line a cookie sheet (one with edges/sides) with aluminum foil. Spray with non stick spray. Then make a layer of graham crackers. You may have to break some of the squares into smaller pieces to make it fit in the pan.
3) Melt butter on stove. Add sugar and mix well. Boil for 2 minutes.
4) Pour butter and sugar mixture on top of graham crackers. Spread well so that all crackers are covered in mixture.
5) Place pan in oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately pour chocolate chips over graham crackers. Once the chocolate chips begin to melt, spread evenly over graham crackers.
6) Freeze for at least 30 minutes, until fully frozen. Break them into pieces and enjoy!