If you live in Birmingham, you’ve probably had the delicious sausage and cheese muffins at Magic Muffins. I love their muffins and so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I was hoping it would taste similar. These biscuits are a little more sausage and a little less “biscuit”, but delicious nonetheless. I made them for Christmas Brunch.
Originally from Plain Chicken
- 1 lb hot sausage, uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 1/4 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Mix all ingredients until well combined. (Use your clean hands if you don’t have a mixer)
3. Roll into 1-inch balls. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until brown. (I made them a little larger and baked for 25 minutes – made about 18 biscuits)