As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program and Duncan Hines, I received coupons to try out some of their products that I have always loved. This carrot cake mix is definitely “decadent” and I love that it has carrots and raisins included for added texture and nutrition. I decided to give the recipe on the back of the box for “Carrot Cake Cookies” a try and used their vanilla glaze as the frosting – turned out delicious and full of flavor! Thank you Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program and Duncan Hines for the coupons to share with family and friends as well.
(ignore the oil)
- 1 box Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (1/2 stick softened)
- 1 cup hot tap water (used to hydrate the carrots and raisins that are included in the box)
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1 bottle Duncan Hines Vanilla amazing glaze
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Hydrate the carrots and raisins in 1 cup hot tap water. Allow to hydrate for a minimum of 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
3) Beat butter and cake mix, add the two eggs.
4) Add 1 cup oatmeal and drained carrots and raisins to batter.
5) Spoon heaping teaspoons of batter onto lightly greased cookie sheets (or Silpats) and flatten out batter with back of spoon.
6) Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool completely.
7) Follow instructions on bottle of glaze and pour onto cooled cookies.
The glaze will set on the cookies. I put mine in the fridge for 30 minutes.