Warning: This is not a healthy recipe but easy and delicious, nonetheless. Everything in moderation, right? My mom has made this for several parties and I made it for a work party today – perfect to bring to a holiday potluck!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese (I’m sure you could use 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together cake mix, melted better, and 1 egg,
2. Press into bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan, set aside.
3. Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese and 2 eggs for 4 or 5 minutes.
(Look at that deliciousness)
4. Pour over cake mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Cool completely and cut into bars.
The “gooeyness” makes it a little difficult to cut completely evenly – you can cook this for a little less time so that the top is just slightly golden brown. This would be great with any other flavor of cake mix as well (red velvet, chocolate, etc). Enjoy!