When life hands you a dozen bananas….make healthy banana bread.
This recipe is originally from Skinny Taste. This recipe has more bananas than any other recipe that I’ve ever made and is so moist and flavorful because of it.
- 7 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large egg whites (or 2 large eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) chopped walnuts
- Pam baking spray
1) Preheat oven to 325°. Grease 2 9×5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
2) In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick.
4) Add flour mixture and walnuts, then mix/blend until combined. Do not over mix.
5) Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Mine took about 5-10 minutes longer).
6) Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.