- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound pork shoulder blade steak (or you could use a shoulder roast – I used the steak because it was BOGO)
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle tangy barbecue sauce
1. Place half the onion slices in bottom of slow cooker or crock pot; add pork, 1/2 cup water, half the barbecue sauce and remaining onion slices.
2. Cover and cook on medium 8 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally to break up the pork.
3. Ladle out liquid from the crockpot and discard. Combine pork with remaining barbecue sauce.
You could probably go without adding the 1/2 cup water to the crockpot when cooking the pork, but I’d make sure to keep an eye on it in that case. Enjoy!