Tis the season for pumpkin and warm coffee drinks. This will definitely be made several times over the next few months.
In my opinion this version is better than Starbucks because
1) It is significantly cheaper.
2) You usual actual pumpkin in the recipe = a vegetable in your morning coffee.
3) You have complete control over the ingredients, which means you can make adjustments to the recipe per your taste.
4) It takes less time than going through the Starbucks drive-thru.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (I used this iced coffee recipe)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (you can use regular sugar or sugar substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 heaping tablespoon of canned pumpkin
1. Pour all of the ingredients into a pot and heat over medium-high heat until the coffee is steaming hot, whisking with a wire whisk until the ingredients are incorporated and a little frothy.
2. Pour into a mug and top with some fat free cool whip and cinnamon. Enjoy!
Make changes to this recipe per your tastes and preferences – this recipe is definitely not as sweet as the Starbucks version but still has the great pumpkin flavor.