Adapted from Carrots N’ Cake
This is a great recipe, especially if you are having to make a quick and delicious dessert for others. I’ll work on making a healthier version. You most likely already have all the ingredients to make this recipe, so if you have any last minute company you can whip this up in 45 minutes.
- 5-6 medium apples (almost any kind will work)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I didn’t have a full cup, so I had to use 1/4 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (or you can use just cinnamon and nutmeg)
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Slice apples into small pieces. You can peel the apples first if you prefer them without the skin.
2. Cover the entire top layer of apple slices with pumpkin pie spice.
3. Combine flour and sugar in a small bowl. Next, using a fork, combine butter with flour and sugar. (Make sure the butter is really soft.) The mixture will begin to look lumpy. Make sure that the majority of the dry ingredients have combined with the butter.
4. Cover apple slices with flour-sugar-butter mixture. Spread evenly over top layer and fill in all around the apple slices.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until top becomes slightly “crisp” and apples are soft. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
What makes a yummy apple crisp even better?
6. Serve with vanilla yogurt or ice cream. Enjoy!