Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
One of my friends made this yummy pasta for a few of us recently and I adjusted it with the ingredients that I had on hand. This makes a large amount and is great to pack for work lunches.
- 19 oz frozen tortellini (or you can use 1 lb of any uncooked pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Minced garlic (not shown)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders – cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 container grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I added more lemon juice afterwards)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium low, and add the chicken, artichoke hearts (I just broke these apart, but you can chop them up beforehand if you prefer), and tomatoes to the cooked pasta.
5. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.