I got this fantastic recipe from one of my sweet friends and now coworker Casey. I smelled her lunch one day and immediately had to know what she was eating and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the recipe. This seriously is one of the yummiest things I’ve ever made and I’ve already made it 3 times since she gave me the recipe in July. It’s THAT good. Below is the original recipe and in parentheses is how I adjusted the recipe with the ingredients that I had on hand.
1. Prepared pie crust
2. Spinach and mushroom sautéed in lots of garlic and olive oil (I used one large bag of spinach and 1 package of baby bella mushrooms)
3. 2 whole eggs and one egg yolk (I’ve used 2 whole eggs and one egg white before and also have done just 4 egg whites)
4. 1 cup heavy whipping cream (I used 1 cup of skim milk)
5. 4 oz Goat Cheese
6. 8 oz swiss cheese (I used just 5 oz Sargento shredded swiss cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Roll the crust out into pie pan and bake for 5-10 minutes, until slightly golden but not brown, then let cool.
3. Sprinkle ¾ of swiss cheese onto pie crust and then top with sauteed mushrooms and spinach.
4. Beat together the eggs and milk and pour over the spinach.
5. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top of the egg mixture and then the remaining swiss cheese.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes (check to make sure the eggs are done with a toothpick, this part is tricky and the bake time changes based on the oven). Let cool and set for about 10-15 minutes.