- 3 zucchini
- Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese (not pictured)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 32 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Italian style dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground turkey.
2. Meanwhile, trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in bowl.
3. Mix seeds with turkey, garlic, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
4. Stuff squash with turkey mixture and place in 9×13 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over squash.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Then cover with mozzarella cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
This is a great healthy alternative to stuffed shells – the zucchini replaces the pasta! I may use less tomato sauce next time to reduce the amount of extra liquid.