Recipe originally from Taste & See
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used three large breast halves that were previously frozen)
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450-degrees. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
2. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining chicken.
4. Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes.
(It doesn’t look very pretty, but it’ll look better once you top it with cheese and sauce.)
5. Remove from the oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve by itself with vegetables on the side or on top of whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash.