My sister made this recipe this past weekend for my parents when they went to visit her. I heard great reviews about the cake and will definitely be making it soon. She was nice enough to take pictures while making it and send them to me. This is another healthy cake recipe that adds some extra fiber and healthy fats to your average box cake mix. Try this recipe out for yourself soon!
- 1 (18.25 oz) box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- whip cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 13 x 9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray (or you can use a 10-inch Bundt pan).
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together cake mix, cream cheese, bananas, eggs, water, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in walnuts.
3. Transfer batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
5. If desired, top with whip cream.
(She obviously got the plating talents in the family.)