There’s nothing that gets you in the holiday spirit than making green/peppermint cookies, with good company and Christmas music…
- Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses (or any flavor)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
3. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in green/sugar or powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. While cookies are baking, remove wrappers from candies.
7. Remove cookies from oven; cool 2-3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cook completely. Makes about 40 cookies.