Most of my friends know that I have never really liked eggs. I’ve always thought that eggs had a weird texture and I’ve tried to like them over and over again but have never succeeded…until about a month ago in Auburn. My friend’s sweet Mom made us a baked omelet and it was delicious. I was excited to finally have a version of eggs that I liked. If you are a picky egg eater, then you should definitely try this recipe.
Here is the recipe for our twist on the baked omelet:
- 11 eggs (you can use a dozen, we only had 11)
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 bag frozen spinach
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Beat together eggs. Add salt and pepper.
3. Pour into greased baking dish. Bake for 5-7 minutes until all the edges have cooked.
4. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms. Thaw and drain spinach.
5. Once edges have cooked, top eggs with mushrooms, spinach, and cheese.
6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until eggs have cooked completely and cheese has melted.