- 3 cans black beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tabasco, to taste (not pictured)
1. Pour all ingredients into a slow cooker. Stir well.
2. Cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours.
3. Pour half of soup mixture into a blender and puree. Then pour back into slow cooker and mix well.
You may keep the soup on “Keep Warm” or “Low” setting until ready to serve.
Enjoy! Top with cheese, sour cream, chopped red onion, etc.
Note: If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can definitely make this in a large pot cooked on medium-low. Also, you can adjust the consistency of the soup, depending on your preference, by pureeing more/less of it.