Recipe originally from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 3 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 by 8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk oats, spices, and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over oats and stir well, until all of the oats moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set – you don’t want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.