These muffins are seriously so good! In my opinion, the muffins are actually sweet and moist enough to be cupcakes!
Originally from www.plainchicken.blogspot.com
Honey Cornmeal Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 heaping tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, soften butter and add eggs, vanilla, and honey. Stir until well combined, then add your oil and milk.
5. Divide your batter into the muffin tin, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden on top and a knife inserted comes out clean.
Serve with a bowl of chili for a perfect Fall dinner!
Note: These muffins freeze well.