Yet another recipe with our favorite ingredient: oatmeal!
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and beat well at medium speed of a mixer. Combine banana, oats, and milk. Add to sugar mixture, beating well.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk.
4. Add to sugar mixture; beat until just moist.
5. Add in 1/2 cup dried cranberries. Mix well.
6. Spoon batter into a 9×5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Note: I kept it in the oven for closer to 1 hour, so check it at 1 hour to see if it is done yet. The oatmeal gave this bread a great texture and a nice crust!