I recently realized that as much as Halley and I love oatmeal, we’ve never posted a picture or a recipe of our favorite breakfast. So, here is the version I made for breakfast yesterday:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 banana, cut into chunks/slices
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1 small chocolate cookie for “dessert”
- Boil milk in small pot. Stir in oats and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As the oats are heating up, add the chunks of banana and mash into oat mixture.
- After the oats have cooked for 5 minutes or have absorbed most of the liquid in the pot, pour into bowl.
- Top oats with peanut butter and crumbled cookie.