One of my friends from work came over to share this delicious recipe and to have breakfast for dinner. Here’s another healthy and easy recipe, full of fiber.
Our first oatmeal recipe:
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or Splenda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Soak oats and raisins in 2 cups buttermilk overnight…or just all day if you are eating breakfast for dinner.
- Combine flour and remaining ingredients.
- Add mixture to soaked oats. Stir in 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup buttermilk if mixture is too dry.
4. Pour batter into hot, greased skillet. It will cook slower than regular pancakes.
5. Serve with maple syrup…or lite pancake syrup and leftover cobbler filling (which is what we did).
The result is a delicious and dense pancake!